Our Realtors Lean In
Benson Stanley Realty's origins date to 1946 when Realtor® and builder Beatrice Spearman Stanley, Sara Benson's maternal grandmother launched a Columbia, South Carolina based home-building company specializing in custom-designed residences for veterans returning from World War II. Today, Sara is broker-in-charge of Benson Stanley Realty in Chicago.
Principal Managing Broker
Sara Benson, CRB, ABR
During Sara's 30+ years in the industry, her articles have been published in the Chicago Law Journal, the Chicago Sun-Times, and Real Estate Metro Magazine. Her work in consumer representation has been noted by the Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune and Crain's Chicago Business. Sara's work also has been recognized by consumer advocate Ralph Nader and the Consumer Federation of America.
A speaker at the National Conference on Buyer Representation sponsored by the Real Estate Buyers Agent Council (REBAC), Sara has been awarded a lifetime Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR) designation by that organizations founder.
She has presented seminars with the Illinois Commissioner of Real Estate and has worked with the New York State's Attorney on real estate agency issues. Her educational real estate seminars to industry peers and leaders consistently sell out in record time.
Awards and Designations:
• Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB) The CRB designation is the highest award real estate brokerage managers can receive and is awarded to those brokers who have met stringent management experience and educational course work prerequisites. This designation is awarded by the Real Estate Brokerage Managers Council of the Realtors National Marketing Institute, an affiliate of the National Association of Realtors.
• Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR) The ABR designation is awarded by the Real Estate Buyers Agents Council, of the National Association of Realtors to agents that have met extensive training and experience requirements. The ABR designation is the only recognized designation for buyers brokers and agents.
Affiliations and Licenses
• State of Illinois Real Estate Agent (1983-1987)
• State of Illinois Real Estate Broker - License #471010064
• State of South Carolina Real Estate Broker (1989-current) - License #2946
• State of Illinois Certified Real Estate Appraiser (1994-2000)
• Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (1993-current)
• Accredited Buyers Agent Designation (1995-current)
• North Side Real Estate Board (1983-1992)
• Chicago Association of Realtors
• North Shore Barrington Association of Realtors (1984-current)
• Illinois Association of Realtors
• National Association of Realtors
• Multiple Listing Service of Northern Illinois (1983-current)
• Department of Housing and Urban Development (1983-current)
• FHA Approved Appraiser and Compliance Inspector (1983-2000)
• FHA Registered Real Estate Broker
• Employee Relocation Council, Washington, DC (1992-current)
• Homeowners Marketing Services, Hollywood, FLA (1992-current)
• Real Estate Brokerage Managers Council (1993-current)
• Qualified as an Expert Witness on Real Estate in the Circuit Courts of Cook and Lake Counties.
Tel: 1 (312) 337-4600